Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Brought To You By Insomnia

The best way I have ever spent insomniatic time--VOTING. I was up early listening to the Wee One cough (hello, asthma season!) when I remembered that the polls opened at 6. As I drove down the road, I encountered my neighbor, letting the chickens out. He was on his way to the polls, too. When I got to the community center, his wife was already there, as were about 15 other people. I was number six in line. As we left, my neighbor's wife, a reticent New England native, burst into tears. Apologizing as I hugged her, she said, "I just want to be able to breathe in this country again."

Here, here. This is the big one, folks--get out and VOTE!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank god almighty, we are free at last!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Goddess teared up as well, after the results were called on TV. You can only bottle things up for so long ...