Sunday, March 28, 2004

The Wee One is now officially mobile, though not in any traditional crawly way. She pushes up on her hands, raises her back legs, and pivots on her belly. Then she either rolls over and over or pushes herself backward until she finds something, or somewhere, that’s interesting. I left the room for thirty seconds today and came back to find her under the couch, gnawing on one of its legs.

Also in Wee One news: She’s eating rice cereal and yams. We use the two-spoon method, wherein she seizes one food-filled spoon from us, shoves it into her mouth, spits out half the food, and throws the spoon to the floor. We then hand her another spoon, and she repeats the performance while we retrieve the first spoon.

She’s not a little baby anymore, a fact which makes me misty-eyed until I realize I’m that much closer to the point when I can expect to sleep for more than three hours at a stretch, or make it through the day without someone shoving their fingers up my nose. Ahh, these are the days!

No comments: