Sunday, August 06, 2006

DONE. DID IT.

One hour and forty-nine minutes, flat. Did not reach swim goal (26:45 or so, but I didn't drown). Reached bike goal (50 minutes? Something like that.) Did not reach run goal (almost same as swim, 26 minutes and change). BUT—I finished it. I utilized the breast stroke in addition to my patented sidestroke/water tread. I only hung onto two boats. I was not last in the swim. Well, I was for a while, but then I actually PASSED two or three people. ME! Then I got out of the water and, as usual, passed people until the end because my swim time was so pathetic. One guy got me in the run, but he was only doing the relay, and one young whippersnapper tried to sprint past me on the final curve. BAD IDEA. I kicked it into high gear and flew past her, woohoo!

I swore I wouldn't do another one, but then I won a tri suit in a "raffle" at the end (the announcer was actually just calling out random numbers; I smiled goofily at him when I realized what he was doing and, lo and behold! "Six-twenty-one! Is six-twenty-one a winner today?") So now I HAVE to do it again. Don't I?

3 comments:

Amy said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations!!! Give M and J big hugs from me too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is awesome! Congratulations on a great race! I'm still trying to get up the courage to do another 5K; maybe I need to start listening to Queen?

Lisa said...

Yay you! I'm sorry I am so late with the congrats, I have been off the blogs for a bit. You kicked ass - you HAVE to do it again!