Monday, November 14, 2005

Piggy Bank

The VCR stopped working a few months ago. I found a DVD inside (courtesy of the Wee One) and removed it, thinking I had solved the problem. No dice. Every time I put a tape in it whirred, whirred, whirred, slowly coming to a stop with fuzzy screen. After it devoured “Arthur’s Family Fun,” we stopped using it altogether.

Last night, the husband bought a new 19-inch TV to replace the sad 13-inch model. (I know, we are leaping into the twenty-first century!) It’s one of those combination deals, with a DVD player built right in. The whole shebang was too big to fit into the TV cabinet with the VCR (which, though long broken, was of course still sitting in there). When the husband pulled the VCR out of the cabinet, it…jingled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have yet to take it apart and pull at least 10 pennies out of the machine. With luck it will work again, we can't get by without Arthur!

ps. my word verification test kind of sounds like a Dot word:

wufygb!