Saturday, November 12, 2005

So I turned on word verification for the comments section. Sorry.

This means you'll have to read a funny-looking security word and enter it when you leave a comment. It keeps robots from leaving unwanted spam comments. And you know, I was starting to get tired of deleting entries such as this one: "Hey, just read your blog, and boy is it GREAT! My friend has a blog about Indian wedding dresses!! Why don't you check it out? You can see all the best deals on Indian wedding dresses HERE (insert appropriate annoying link)." They weren't even putting them just on the home page, where I could find them--they were being hidden in old, archived posts. Grrrrr. Hopefully this security feature will work.

2 comments:

Full-On-Forward said...

Hi,
I just started posting my blog- Full On Forward and already have two spam posts. Can you help me out and tell me how to delete those posts and links? I also will turn on word verification but that makes it a liitle bit of a hassel for legit people! I'm just learning to blog and would be extremely grateful for any help.

hanks so much

John McElveen

Linnie said...

Hey John,

When you are signed in to blogger, go to the "view blog" tab. You will be able to look at your blog, and when you click on the comments that are annoying, you will see a small trash can icon below the time stamp at the bottom. Click on that, and it will give you the option to delete that comment.

Good luck!