Thursday, February 02, 2006

Alrighty, here’s yet another meme (That’s what they’re called! Don’t I sound hip?) which everyone seems to be doing. (Are you really interested? Don’t answer that question.) (Could I make MORE parenthetical comments?)

Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Apple packer
2. Barista, before I knew that’s what they were called. The psycho owner accused me of stealing $15 from the cash register, which was tended by five employees simultaneously. I sincerely regret working as hard as I did for that woman. (And no, I didn’t take her lousy 15 bucks!)
3. Pathology assistant. Duties included singing the entire soundtrack to “The Sound of Music” during specimen gross-in with one of the particularly goofy pathologists (they were all lovely and weird)
4. Sandal maker/vineyard worker. Really. (I got paid in wine.)

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Say Anything
2. The Sound of Music (duh!)
3. Harold and Maude
4. Kiki’s Delivery Service

Four places I’ve lived:
1. Westford, MA
2. Ithaca, NY
3. Seattle, WA
4. Uhhh…wow, that’s really it.

Four places I’ve vacationed:
1. Orcas Island, WA
2. Portland, OR
3. All over Alaska
4. Silver City, NM

Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Pizza
2. Lentils and tomatoes with garlic
3. Peanut chicken soup, the only reason to own a crock pot
4. Sopapillas from Sadie’s in ABQ, though they are really more like a snack

Four sites I visit daily:
1. Google News
2. Dooce
3. Pubmed
4. Overheard in New York Well not daily, but whatever.

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Baxter State Park, Maine
2. Orcas Island, Washington
3. Fishing in Alaska (in the summer!)
4. In a Cessna, 2000 feet up

There’s no one else to tag, everyone has already done this one! Argh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you may lack in the "places I've lived" category, you more than make up for with your resume! Fascinating stuff! Makes me look back on my mispent youth at Kmart with even more sadness and regret.

Linnie said...

I don't know, your hands probably didn't get very maggoty (maggotty? What would Lynne Truss say?) at Kmart.